Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway®Sarah Kavanagh | Feel The Fear Instructor | Kilcullen, Co. Kildare my story...
From a Life of Using Excel Skills to Teaching Excelling at Life Skills
My name is Sarah Kavanagh. I am an Irish woman in my 30’s and I feel lucky to be able to say that I have always had good jobs in successful organisations. However, like many people my age, I never felt like I was doing something I loved. I went from one job to another, hoping each time that the next one would provide me with the sense of satisfaction I was seeking. I am immensely grateful for the experience that every position provided me with, as each one enabled me to expand my skill set further and accomplish more than I imagined – but I felt like I was just going through the motions when it came to work and I knew there had to be something more…
The circumstances that prompted my “job-hopping” were different each time, but I was always in control of when, why and how I would leave a job. That was until I was made redundant. The impact of this resulted in feelings of shock, anger, hurt, injustice, sadness, despair, worry and stress, among others. It was around this time that I came across a book called “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers. I had been looking for something that might make me feel a bit more hopeful during this period of turmoil I had found myself in…a little “pick me up” to help me face the great unknown I had been forced into against my will!
Well, this book didn’t so much pick me up, as instantly elevate me! As I ploughed through the pages it seemed like the most logical thing in the world to me that it had been translated into 37 different languages. The fact that it had been an international bestseller for over 30 years seemed entirely justified. I was hooked from the very beginning. So much of what was written resonated with me and better still – offered an alternative way to “be” in this world! I could connect with it not only from the perspective of my recent redundancy experience, but also in relation to other aspects of my life. I re-read the book numerous times and the tools contained within it became deeply ingrained in my day to day life. I felt happier, more confident and more at peace with myself.
There is no doubt that the book was instrumental in helping me to move forward through the redundancy encounter. However, once I became employed again, it wasn’t long before I found myself back on my old familiar “job-hopping” journey – chasing the ever-elusive dream job. So, now that I was armed with the wisdom of the book, why did I keep moving jobs? Well, as the title of chapter 12 states clearly – “There is Plenty of Time”!
It was great to know there was plenty of time…but exactly how long do you have to wait? I kept wondering how long it would take before I would be doing work that meant something to me. And then one day I had a light bulb moment! It seemed so obvious…I asked myself: What do I believe in? What do I know works? What do I feel passionate about? The answer was the book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers. It occurred to me that I could empower others by sharing with them the life-changing strategies in this book. I knew without a doubt that educating other people on the concepts in the book would provide me with the sense of fulfillment I was looking for. So I decided to become a “Feel the Fear” Instructor.
This decision in itself was a big one – it would involve making the transition from what I had become comfortable with, into new territory. But…what I had become comfortable with was not what I was happy with. Was I afraid? Yes! I wouldn’t be human if I wasn’t afraid. Wasn’t I fortunate however, that I knew exactly what I had to do – I had to feel the fear and do it anyway. So I did.
About My Work
What are you afraid of? Changing Jobs; Interviews; Public Speaking; Driving; Being Alone; Losing a Loved One; Intimacy; Dating; Ending a Relationship; Poor Health; Returning to Education; Becoming a Parent; Ageing; Making Decisions; Asserting Yourself?
I am part of a global network of qualified instructors sharing the life-changing principles of Dr. Susan Jeffers through tutored workshops and One to One sessions. During these workshops & One to One sessions I teach tried and tested strategies that have helped over 12 million people worldwide to overcome their fears and move forward in their lives. As the first licenced instructor in Ireland, I am making this training program available to people in Ireland for the first time.
My goal is to people improve their lives by educating them in the principles contained within Susan Jeffers’ international best selling self-development book Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway®. Throughout the training program people learn easy and effective techniques that will help them to:
• Understand the concept of fear and how to handle it around them
• Raise their level of self-esteem and let go of negative programming in their life
• Make decisions which are right for them
• See themselves as having purpose and meaning
• Eliminate negativity and create positivity
• Change their reactions to situations
• Create more love, trust and satisfaction
• Create a balanced, more enjoyable life
I have considerable experience in using the tools in the book to help me overcome personal challenges and I continue to apply many of these tools on a daily basis. As such, I have come to possess an excellent understanding of the concepts contained within the book.
My diverse career history has also enabled me to become a very effective communicator of ideas. I have developed this skill through delivering training, facilitating workshops, supporting and leading people and sharing knowledge with others. I have also completed courses in Personal Development, Leadership and Change Management.
I believe that the above, together with my passion for Susan Jeffers’ work and my natural desire to help others, makes me an extremely proficient Feel the Fear instructor.
Feel the Fear Full Day Workshop
Workshops are one day long and are held in small groups in a friendly and relaxed environment. The workshop will empower you to overcome your limiting beliefs, enable you to cope with challenges, help you to conquer fear and self-doubt and make decisions that will improve your life. The fee is €125 per person and includes:
– A copy of the book “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” by Susan Jeffers
– A “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway” personal training manual
– Lunch and refreshments
I offer a 100% money back guarantee – If you’re not completely satisfied by the time we break for lunch on the day of the workshop, simply let me know and I will arrange a full refund. You have absolutely nothing to lose, but imagine what you can gain!
If you are interested in hearing about upcoming workshops, please get in touch with me.
Feel the Fear One to One Sessions
Learn the principals & proven to work techniques from “Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway” on a One to One basis. The program is broken down into 4 x 90 minute sessions, which I can offer in person or via Skype. You will receive your own copy of the book “Feel the Fear & Do It Anyway” & your own personal training manual. The fee is €300, which can be paid upfront or in 4 installments of €75.
The following is a breakdown of what is covered in each One to One session:
- Gain an awareness of why you feel the way you do and what is causing you to feel this way.
- Learn the difference between the three levels of fear and how they may be stopping you from moving forward in your life.
- Understand and apply the five truths about fear to your life, which will help to free you from the restricting grip of fear.
- Learn how to hold your fear from a position of power instead of from a position of pain.
- Learn how to make tangible clear steps, which will move you out of your comfort zone and move you closer to opportunity and happiness.
- Discover the 7 principles behind taking responsibility and accountability for your life.
- Identify negative self-talk and replace it with positive self-talk.
- Realise how surrounding yourself with positivity creates an environment, which supports and nurtures you rather than one, which holds you back.
- Identify your support system – who/what is supportive of your personal growth and who/what hinders it.
- Learn how to respond to others with healthy assertiveness.
- Learn how to drastically improve your decision-making process and gain an awareness of how your inability to decide on a course of action may be holding you back.
- Learn how to create a fulfilling life with purpose and meaning and realize just how important you are!
- Discover how to reframe all your experiences in life as opportunities to grow and learn as a human being.
- Learn how to create relationships, which are truly loving.
- Understand how practicing gratitude can replace your feelings of lack with feelings of abundance.
- Learn how to connect to your spiritual self and develop your intuitive abilities.
If the One to One sessions are of interest to you, please contact me to arrange a free, private and confidential phone consultation.
Feel the Fear Student Workshop
Full day or half day workshop for up to 12 x 14-21 year old’s, focusing on overcoming challenging academic situations. Each student receives their own personal student training manual. Benefits of the student workshop include:
- Teaches students how to take responsibility & accountability for their studies
- Helps them to take positive control of their mental health
- Reduces feelings of isolation, anxiety & depression
- Provides them with practical, easy strategies for use in their daily academic & personal life
- Teaches them skills, which they can apply when looking for third level & employment opportunities
- Supports their academic learning with key interpersonal life skills.
I can tailor the workshop to the school/college/university’s specific needs by gaining an understanding of the particular frustrations the teachers/students/parents are experiencing, in advance. For example:
- Assignments/projects/homework not being completed
- Placements for work experience not being organised
- High levels of anxiety
- Poor grades
If you would like to find out more about how the Feel the Fear Student Workshops can help the students in your school, college or university, and for information on fees, please contact me.
Is this Training Program for You?
To help you decide if this training program would be a valuable use of your time and money, count the number of statements below that apply to you:
1. Change unsettles me
2. I do not like confronting difficult situations
3. I do not like upsetting people
4. I struggle to say No
5. I struggle to put myself first
6. I do not like to admit I am wrong
7. I struggle to make decisions
8. I want to have increased self-esteem
9. I want to be more assertive
10. I want to trust myself and others more
11. I want to live with purpose and meaning
12. I want to make my dreams become reality
13. I want to be happier and smile more
14. I need to find balance in my life
15. I want to sleep better and worry less
16. I want to feel better about myself physically or emotionally
If you have counted 7 or more then the workshop will be of HUGE benefit to you!!
Areas in which I am Qualified to Train
- Workshops (Usually 6-12 delegates)
- Individual One to One Sessions (Skype or Face to Face)
- Training in Educational Establishments (Secondary Schools/Colleges/Universities)
- Seminars (Over 12 Delegates)
- Speaking at Conferences/Away-Days/Meet Up Style Events
- Training in Charitable Organisations
- Feel The Fear Mastermind Groups
To find out more about how I can help you, please contact me!
My Other Qualifications
- Certified Practitioner of Integrated Energy Therapy – Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Systems
- Specialist Postgraduate Diploma in Quality Management – Lean Systems
- Bachelor of Arts (International) Honours Degree in German and Economics
For a detailed evaluation of my one-day workshops, please click on this link! Feel The Fear Workshop Evaluation
I found the sessions so helpful in realising the negativity I was filling my own mind with, which was causing me to fear trying new things and to grow. After every session I felt more confident that I really could handle anything that came my way. Sarah was very supportive and patient. She made the whole experience easier and I would recommend her to anyone that is tired of letting fear of the unknown hold them back. – A.M., Kilcullen
Really helped me with the negativity that is currently in my life. The tools supplied will definitely be studied further and used. Thank you so much. – Delegate, Co. Kildare
Its the first time in my life I feel that I can go forward. – Delegate, Co. Kildare
I did this workshop with Sarah and a wonderful group of people. It was fantastic, Sarah is a brilliant facilitator. I feel like a new person. I would highly recommend this course. Outstanding. Thanks a million Sarah. – Delegate, Co. Kildare
A short video showing the preparation for my September Workshop in The Liffey Suite of Kilcullen Credit Union in Co....read more
In "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway", Susan Jeffers reveals "The 5 Truths About Fear". Truth number 4 is: Not only am...read more
Attending a Feel the Fear Workshop may be for some, quite a frightening thing in itself. In this video I aim to...read more
An important concept that Susan Jeffers draws on is that of the comfort zone. When we operate only from within our comfort...read more